CCI and its member organizations engage in global, regional and national advocacy to drive policy change and health sector reforms on childhood cancer. Among the outcomes of noteworthy successful CCI advocacy are :
- Supportive policy environment and improved policy coherence for childhood cancer ;
- Stronger political will and leadership that champions sustainable programs for childhood cancer ;
- Financial and budgetary allocation for childhood cancer research, facilities and key programs;
- Sustainable availability and access to safe, affordable, effective essential childhood cancer medicines;
- Making childhood cancer drugs more affordable due to government initiated price controls ;
- More robust health regulations and standards;
- Scaled up research and clinical trials ;
- Improved social health insurance coverage;
- Active family and patient engagement in health systems and facilities;
- Programs for health care surveillance and quality long term follow-up care of survivors.
CCI and its member organizations also undertake media advocacy in all levels, to encourage media organizations to spotlight and prominently feature childhood cancer stories, issues, awareness and advocacy campaigns. In addition, CCI undertakes social advocacy to build momentum for change and mobilize widespread support from multiple sectors.