Conference Theme: Advancing Cure, Transforming Care
16 – 19 November, 2018, Kyoto, Japan
(in conjunction with 50th Congress of The International Society of Paediatric Oncology)
Dear Members, Survivors and Friends,
We are happy to announce that after 5 years, the annual Childhood Cancer International (CCI) conference is
back in Asia!!
Our conference theme this year is our CCI tagline: Advancing Cure, Transforming Care. This builds on the promise our founding members made 24 years ago that children with cancer everywhere, will get the best possible treatment and care.
The conference will be held on 16-19 November 2018 in Kyoto, one of the most beautiful historical cities in Japan and the Imperial Capital of Japan for 1,000 years. The CCI Survivors Program will be on 14-15 November 2018. You will find the initial information about the conference on the official website,
Local Host: Children’s Cancer Association of Japan (also celebrating 50 years in 2018)
Conference Venues: 16 Nov am: ROHM Theatre Kyoto, 16 Nov pm – 19 Nov: ICC Kyoto
The topics will cover:
1) Understanding Impact of Having A Child with Cancer on Family Dynamics (e.g effect on Parents Health and couple relationships, effect on siblings, and effect on family quality of life);
2) Unpacking Standards of Care for Adolescents and Young Adults with Childhood Cancer;
3) Emerging Trends in Survivorship Care and Reintegration Programs;
4) Exploring Innovations and Best Practices in Childhood Cancer Care (with focus on psychosocial support, nutrition, education, supportive care, grief and bereavement, palliative care and pain management);
5) The Role and Contributions of Parents and Families in Multidisciplinary Treatment and Care;
6) Engaging and Mobilizing Stakeholders for Organizational Growth and Impact.
FULL PROGRAM HERE: SIOP 2018 Programme Final 8-5-18
The 50th Annual Congress of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology will take place November 16-19, 2018 in Kyoto, Japan, in partnership with Childhood Cancer International. Experience 4 outstanding days of cutting-edge science, engaging debates and networking with world renowned experts. Join the Community striving towards a world free of childhood cancer.
More information here: 2018 Kyoto Conference